We know it is sometimes difficult and even frustrating to put on your support stockings every day (especially stockings in the higher compressions). Take a look at a couple of our top newsletters on AskVanda.com, Secrets of the Best Fitters and New Year’s Resolution for a Healthier You. You will find many tips to help you get those pesky stockings on and give you a better quality of life because your legs do feel better. If you need help with the instructions, just call one of our certified fitters at 1-800-515-4271 and they will walk you through the steps.
It is easy to see why a lot of us have negative attitudes towards wearing support hose and support socks, but if you wake up each morning with a positive attitude, it makes it possible to enjoy life more and improve your health and your relationship with others.
1. Decide to have a positive attitude about putting on your stockings. Whether you put stockings on yourself or others assist you, a positive attitude can help ensure success. Support Hose Store has many donning devices available to help you get those stockings on.
2. Wearing your stockings can enable you to get out and surround yourself with positive people. We become like the people we spend the most time with. When we surround ourselves with positive people, their attitude is contagious.
3. Use positive affirmations such as “I can put on my stockings.” We need to replace our negative self talk with positive affirmations. Replace “I hate getting up in the morning” with “I am grateful for a wonderful new day.” Eventually changing our self talk will lead to the changes in our behavior.
4. Take time to help other people. Show other people in your life how they can learn to don their stockings just as you have and be able to have a better quality of life. When you help others, it gives you a better outlook.
5. Don’t stop; never give up. Even when you have a positive attitude, you may still have days when you don’t want to put on the stockings. On these days, you may need to take some extra time to review the previous tips and remember to not give in to the negativity surrounding wearing support stockings.
Best of all, these attitudes toward compression stockings apply to everyday life. Keep Your Positive Attitude!
The Doff N’ Donner is a revolutionary donner and doffer which can be used on knee high and thigh high garments using a very simple principal. The compression stocking (closed or open toe) is applied to the cone or your arm. The Donner, a toroid or torus (an infinitely shaped water balloon that works by inverting on itself), is placed on the cone or your arm and the support stocking is rolled around the doughnut shaped donner. The stocking is then simply rolled onto the leg.